Oral Health Sciences
Permanent URI for this community
Browsing Oral Health Sciences by Issue Date
Now showing 1 - 20 of 272
Results Per Page
- ItemSensitivity of different tissues to vitamin A deficiency and to the prophylactic action of the vitamin(1954) Irving, J. T.; Richards, M. B.
- ItemAlkali resistant haemoglobins from normal and sickle cell bloods(1955) Anderson, C. G.
- ItemThe influence of parathyroid hormone upon bone formation in xenopus laevis(1955) Irving, J. T.; Solms, C. M.
- ItemThe relation between the action of vitamin E and protein in the body, and the influence of various fish-liver oils in the diet upon vitamin E activity in vivo(1955) Irving, J. T.; Budtz-Olsen, O. E.The experiments reported here were undertaken primarily to investigate further the histological changes occurring in the enamel organ of the rat’s incisor tooth during vitamin E deficiency. These changes were originally described by Irving (1942) and have been confirmed in general by Granados, Mason & Dam (1945, 1946) and by Pindborg (7950, 1952). It was, however, found by the present writers, usinga diet based on that of Gillman, Gilbert, Gillman & Spence (1952), that extreme changes in the enamel organ, avertable by vitamin E, could be produced in 21 days or less, whereas the changes described by the other authors took much longer to develop and were less extensive. In an attempt to determine further the effects of other dietary factors upon the enamel organ, certain additional findings seemed to be of significance. The present paper is concerned chiefly with these, and an account of the histological aspect is being prepared for publication. In particular it was found that the vitamin content of the oil containing highly unsaturated fatty acids was of importance and also that the actions of protein and vitamin E, which superficially appeared similar, differed in certain fundamental respects
- ItemThe relation between the action of vitamin E and protein in the body, and the influence of various fish-liver oils in the diet upon vitamin E activity in vivo(1955) Irving, J. T.; Budtz-Olsen, O. E.
- ItemProtein in fish scale(1955) Solomons, C.
- ItemThe influence of oestrogen upon bone formation in xenopus laevis(1955) Irving, J.T; Solms, C.M
- ItemSolubility of dentin in phosphate buffers(1956) Solomons, C. C.
- ItemA stain for mitotic figures(1956) Irving, J. T.
- ItemThe metabolism of sheep gingiva(1958) Zar, L.; Irving, J. T.
- ItemProblems of calcification of teeth and bone(1958-08) Irving., J. T.
- ItemNutrition and the future(1960) Irving, J. T.
- ItemThe use of fluoride in combating dental decay(1960) Irving, J. T.
- ItemHydrolysis of human dentin collagen(1960) Solomons, C. C.
- ItemSecretory epithelium in the lining of dental cysts(1960) Shear, M.
- ItemTransmission of force to bone(1960-07) Dreyer, C.J
- ItemPrimordial cysts(1960-07) Shear, M